JOB OPENING IN LEBANON: We are looking for a Social Media Manager for a project-based job from February til April 2023 (potentially extended). Application Deadline January 30, 2023
We are looking for a motivated feminist:
- Who is active on social media and believes in impact-focused projects
- Has a keen interest in promoting menstrual, sexual and reproductive health
- Is able to research relevant topics and communicate well in written English and Arabic
- Has experience in content creation and is able to develop engaging content
- Has the necessary technical skills to use software for social media
- Knows how to engage people and build a community
- Ideally based in Lebanon and comfortable with remote work
- Able to build and follow a communication plan in coordination with the team
- Is responsible, self-initiated, and will abide by deadlines
- Progressive and inclusive values are a must!
Stigma surrounding female sexuality in conservative societies creates inaccess and discrimination, putting lives at risk. The lack of access to safe gynecology clinics hinder many young girls and women, and non-gender conforming people from taking care of their sexual health, leading to life threatening diseases such as cervical cancer – a cancer that causes an average of 50% death rate due to late detection in many low-resource settings. In response to these challenges, omgyno is a female-led femtech platform that is redesigning the gynecological experience with human-centered design, progressive values, and technology to promote self-care, privacy, and control. After thorough research and listening to some of the most urgent issues our community is facing, we offer three main services: at-home testing in partnership with local diagnostic labs, telehealth with progressive doctors that are recommended by the community and education on sexual health through social media. Our organization explicitly identifies as feminist, inclusive, community-driven, eco-conscious, holistic and fun-loving.
In March 2023, omgyno plans to launch its home tests and telehealth services in Lebanon with a campaign offering free vaginal smear culture and HPV tests through local partners.
Instagram Greece: https://www.instagram.com/omgyno_gr/
Instagram Portugal: https://www.instagram.com/omgyno_pt/
Instagram English-Arabic to be developed by social media manager: https://www.instagram.com/omgyno_/
The Social Media manager in Lebanon is responsible for the tasks below:
- Content Creation: Research thematics that are relevant to omgyno’s mission, and develop written and visual posts mainly on Instagram in Arabic and English. There is a large archive of existing posts in Greek and Portuguese which can be used as reference.
- Social Media: Strategically post the information of the campaign and other relevant news mainly on omgyno’s Instagram and Facebook accounts, but also other channels when relevant.
- Community: Ensure that the omgyno community in Lebanon grows by engaging different partners and influencers whenever relevant; and use this engagement to learn more about the community’s needs and challenges.
- Reach & Impact: Ensure that the campaign is clearly communicated and reaches enough people in the community who would like to access home tests
- Organization: Maintain an organized and up to date communication plan and relevant files archive.
To apply please fill out the form below: