HPV (Human Papilloma Virus) is the most common sexually transmitted virus and the cause of almost all cervical cancer. There are over 100 strains of HPV, of which 14 are high-risk type and cancer-causing. Cervical cancer is the fourth most common cancer among women globally. The virus is common in both males and females. Therefore, it is recommended to do this test once every three years for females after they become sexually active. Cervical cancer can be cured if diagnosed at an early stage and treated promptly. It is important to note that this virus is not only transmittable through penetrative sex, but also from skin-to-skin genital contact.
This test is for people who:
- have been sexually active and have never taken an HPV test before
- have taken an HPV test more than 3 years ago
- have been sexually active and are experiencing discomfort or unusual symptoms in their genital area (itching, swelling, redness, dryness, unusual smells or discharge), pain in the abdominal area, pain during sexual intercourse, pain when urinating, or bleeding between periods
- suspect, or know that they have been exposed to a sexually transmitted infection
- have decided to have unprotected sex with a monogamous partner and want to take the test as a precaution
What does this home test cover?
- A kit in discreet packaging that is delivered to your home for self-sampling
- Free pickup of your sample and delivery to the lab
- Sample analysis in an ISO-certified lab
- Results within 3-5 working days by email
- Anonymous results retrieval with unique password
What’s in the self-sampling kit?
- Form to be filled out and sent back with the samples to the lab
- One STERILE R tube with a swab inside
- One sticker with an ID number
- Box, for free shipping to the lab
- Black eco-bag for free shipping to the lab
- A step-by-step instructions manual
What is the step by step process?
- Order your HPV home test
- Receive it in a discreet packaging by our courier within 48 hours
- Follow the instructions manual and take your own sample
- Select a pickup time within 24 hours (we send you a link, you may also use the QR code provided in the instructions manual)
- Your sample is picked up and sent to the lab for analysis
- Get your private results within 3-5 working days by email
How do I take my sample?
Taking your sample is very easy and painless, follow the instructions below (also included in the kit) to use a swab and take a sample of your vaginal fluid.
- First, wash your hands
- Open the STERILE R tube, take out the swab
- In a comfortable position, hold the swab in one hand, and separate your labia with the other
- Insert the swab 5cm (which is about half the size of your index finger) into the vaginal opening
- Gently rub the swab against the walls of your vagina by turning it around for about 30 seconds
- Put the swab back in the tube and close it tight
What happens if my results come in positive?
If you would like to discuss your results and/or receive a prescription from a certified doctor, head over to our telehealth page to view our list of recommended doctors and book an online consultation.